Business Intelligence Developer: 2011 – 2020
Making Customers More Successful
Making Developers More Efficient
- Cut SQL Server license costs more than 30% by increasing the scalability of the warehouse ETL product by 10X. The redesigned ETL can fully process 4 billion rows (1 terabyte) of source data into a single target columnstore table in under four hours.
- Avoided multimillion-dollar database platform migration costs for the largest customers by increasing the SQL Server scalability workload limits. Built a multi-year roadmap of Epic R&D projects and worked closely with the Microsoft engineering team on SQL Server 2019 features.
- Increased customer production uptime by establishing a process for expert performance review of unreleased SQL code. Tuned performance of queries against tables with billions of rows achieving up to 1,000X speed improvements before queries went into production.
- Reduced customer support hours by identifying new SQL Server configuration best practices, auditing customer setup and escalating critical deficiencies, and by finding the root causes of the toughest customer performance problems.
SQL Server Volunteering: 2016 - Present
- One of the top 30 contributors of all time for the Database Administrators Stack Exchange site.
- Created and released a columnstore index maintenance solution as open source software.
- Presented at national SQL Server conference PASS Summit in both 2018 and 2019.
- Wrote nearly 50 highly technical blog posts about SQL Server.
- Taught a full day preconference session for the SQL Saturday New York City 2019 conference.
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio